With the extension of the deadline for linking Aadhaar and PAN cards to June 2024, there is now a late fee of Rs. 1,000 that must be paid in order to link your PAN card and Aadhaar card. Linking your PAN card and Aadhaar card allows you to process your income tax returns and is required if you conduct banking transactions of Rs. 50,000 or more.
PAN Aadhaar Link
It is necessary to connect your Aadhaar and PAN cards because without doing so, your income tax return will not be filed and you will be unable to do any financial transactions worth more than $50,000. What happens if you fail to connect your PAN card with your Aadhaar card, the necessity of doing so, what happens if your PAN card expires, and other information are all discussed here. Look into it.
How to Link PAN Card with Aadhaar Card
- If you haven’t previously, you can link your PAN and Aadhaar using the procedure below.
- Go to https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in, the online income tax filing facility.
- On the left side of the Home Page, click “Link Adhaar.”
- Type in your PAN card information.
- Type in the Aadhaar card number.
- Enter your date of birth to log in.
- A pop-up window will prompt you to connect your PAN and Aadhaar.
- Click on ‘Link Aadhaar’ under ‘Profile Settings’ in the menu bar.
- Compare the PAN information displayed on the screen with your Aadhaar information.
- You must change one of the papers if the information on your PAN card or Aadhaar card does not match.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and press the “Link Now” button to link your PAN card or Aadhaar card if the information match.
- Your PAN card or Aadhaar card will have been successfully linked when a pop-up notification appears.
Checking the Status of the PAN and Aadhar Link
- Go to https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal, the Income Tax e-Filing Portal’s official website.
- On the homepage, click ‘Link Aadhaar Status’ on the left side menu.
- Go to the new page and enter your PAN card and Aadhaar card numbers.
(4) Select View Aadhaar Link Status View Status.
- If PAN and Aadhaar are connected, the link will be visible on the Al Ready PAN card.
- If PAN and Aadhaar are not connected, a notification saying that PAN and Aadhaar are not connected will appear.