DeLink Aadhaar from Paytm Account by Following Supreme Court Orders, people are also looking at Paytm to delink their Aadhaar number from various services. Paytm is an Indian multinational financial technology firm with headquarters in Noida that specializes in digital payments and financial services.
Through its QR code, point of sale, and online payment gateway products, Paytm enables businesses to accept payments from clients using mobile devices. The Paytm startup introduced Paytm Wallet, which Indian Railways and Uber adopted as a payment option. With online bargains and bus ticketing, Paytm forayed into e-commerce.
DeLink Aadhaar from Paytm
Delinking Aadhaar from Paytm is a consumer’s right. Paytm and other digital wallets no longer require Aadhaar-related data for authentication. Private online banking service providers, for example, may no longer push users to complete Aadhaar authentication. Because Aadhaar is being abused, people are attempting to delink Aadhaar from their accounts with various banks and financial organizations.
Although the government claims that Aadhaar data is fully safe and secure, many individuals are apprehensive about its usage. The Supreme Court reaffirmed that customers are not forced to link bank accounts, mobile phones, and Aadhaar details.
While the Aadhaar card will remain a legitimate identification and address proof document, it is not required for establishing new bank accounts or obtaining a new cellphone number. The Supreme Court’s decision removed the Aadhaar card holder’s obligatory need.
So, if you’re wondering how to delink Aadhaar from your Paytm account, Paytm and Paytm Payments Bank account users may easily delink or unlink their Aadhaar Card Numbers from their accounts by following the procedures outlined below.
How Do I Delink or Unlink My Aadhaar Number From Paytm?
If you use Paytm If you want to Delink or Unlink your Aadhaar number from a payment wallet, such as Paytm Online Money Transfer, follow these procedures.
- First, contact Paytm customer support.
- Contact Paytm customer service at 0120-4456-456.
- Choose your chosen language.
- To contact customer service, follow the audio prompts.
- Once your call is connected with a Paytm Customer Care Executive, request that you delink your Aadhaar number from your Paytm account.
- Paytm Customer Care will handle your Aadhaar delinking request.
- You will receive an email from Paytm confirming the deletion of Aadhaar from your Paytm account shortly after submitting the Delink or Unlink request.
- The Paytm Aadhaar Unlink Request email begins, “Dear Customer, To submit your request, please provide us a clear photograph of your updated Aadhaar card for verification.
- As a result, you must respond to the email by uploading a scanned copy of your Aadhaar card.
- Now, if you reply with a scanned copy of your aadhaar to the same email, you will receive a confirmation email saying “your aadhaar details will be delinked in 72 hours.”
- After 72 hours, check your Paytm account to see if your Aadhaar has been delinked.
While service providers rely significantly on Aadhaar-based KYC to deliver services to Paytm and mobile network consumers, you may immediately delink your mobile number because Aadhaar-based verification is no longer required.
How can I unlink my Aadhar card from Paytm?
If you wish to unlink your aadhaar card from Paytm, call the Paytm customer support number and request that your whole KYC be removed.
How can I unlink my KYC in Paytm?
If you want to unlink your Aadhaar card from Paytm, you can phone Paytm’s 24X7 helpline number: 0120-4456-456.
How can I disconnect my Paytm account?
You can contact the Paytm Customer Helpline Center at any time if you have questions about Paytm Aadhaar KYC. Please phone 0120-4456-456 24 hours a day for your convenience to ask consumers to unlink their Paytm Aadhaar through Customer Helpline between 10 AM and 8 PM. Customer Helpline will unlink Aadhaar. You need to unlink your Paytm account Aadhaar number.