Delink Aadhaar from your PhonePe account Following the Supreme Court of India’s ruling, PhonePe customers are requesting that the PhonePe App allow them to delink their Aadhaar numbers, arguing that it is unlawful to require individuals to do so even if Aadhaar is a legitimate document.
De-link your Aadhaar from Bank / Mobile Wallet
This is excellent news for individuals who have not yet associated their PhonePe and other accounts with their Aadhaar. For those who have linked them, the user should contact the relevant customer service to unlink their Aadhaar from their PhonePe accounts.
The PhonePe app, which was released in August 2016 and is based on the Unified Payments Interface (UPI), supports 11 Indian languages. With the help of PhonePe, users can send and receive money, recharge mobile phones, DTH, data cards, pay bills, make purchases at stores, invest in tax-saving funds, and purchase liquid funds, insurance, mutual funds, and digital gold.
PhonePe is an Indian firm that offers financial services and digital payments, with headquarters in Bangalore, Karnataka. The delinking of the Aadhaar card from number-related services is set to begin in the next days with the help of PhoePe and other service providers. Mobile banking service providers will need to release clear instructions on how to carry out this procedure.
Disconnect your Aadhaar from your PhonePe account
Users have the right to independently delink their Aadhaar from PhonePe. PhonePe and other digital wallets no longer require Aadhaar-related information for authentication. The Supreme Court declared that it is unlawful to link an individual’s Aadhaar number to a bank account. Although linking Aadhaar and bank accounts is not required, banks do not pressure customers to do so.
This action is being made in light of the privacy dangers that the Aadhaar number poses because the user’s personal information is tied to it; as a result, Bank or PhonePe customers, users of e-wallets or mobile wallets, and mobile subscribers are no longer required to use their Aadhaar numbers.
The procedure of linking Aadhaar card numbers with PhonePe digital wallets and other services must be familiar to you; however, you will also be aware of how to unlink Aadhaar card numbers from PhonePe and other services. Call the relevant PhonePe customer service number to unlink your Aadhaar card from your account.
Ask them about the procedure for unlinking your Aadhaar number, and they will send you an email asking them to send you a soft copy of your Aadhaar card. If you mail the soft copy of your Aadhaar card to PhonePe Customer Care, your PhonePe Aadhaar Unlink process will be finished.
How to Delink/Unlink Your Aadhaar Number from Your PhonePe Account
- Calling PhonePe customer service is the initial course of action for users.
- Users can contact the PhonePe Customer Support Center by dialing 080-687-2737 or 022-687-2737.
- Decide the language you want to use.
- Decide which language you speak.
- To contact PhonePe Customer Care, dial the number shown by the IVRS voice prompts.
- When the PhonePe customer service representative answers your call, tell them you need to unlink your Aadhaar number from your PhonePe account.
- Your Aadhaar delinking request will be received by PhonePe Customer Care, and you will shortly after that get an email from PhonePe informing you that Aadhaar has been removed from your PhonePe account.
- “Dear Customer, ” would be the subject of a return email from PhonePe Customer Support in response to your Aadhaar unlink request. We need a clear photograph of your updated Aadhaar card to verify your identity before we can complete your request.
- In response to that email, PhonePe Customer Support should get a scanned copy of your Aadhaar in the mail.
- You will receive a reverse back confirmation email stating that “Your Aadhaar details will be delinked in 72 hours” after returning the scanned copy of your Aadhaar to the same email that PhonePe Customer Support sent you.
- To see if your Aadhaar has been unlinked from your PhonePe account, check your account after 72 hours.
Can aadhar and PhonePe be separated?
When you call PhonePe Customer Support, let the representative know that you wish to delink your Aadhaar card because doing so would delete all of your KYC information from PhonePe.
How can I remove the KYC connection from my Aadhar card?
You can call the relevant Customer Support and request to unlink your Aadhaar if you have a PhonePe or other bank account. PhonePe or other Bank Customer Care may require you to send a scanned copy of your Aadhaar. They will give you a confirmation message after receiving your scanned copy of Aadhaar through email before unlinking Aadhaar.
How can I remove my Aadhar card’s link to any particular app?
Contact your bank’s customer service or the customer support of any other app service provider, and choose the option to unlink your Aadhaar number from your bank or PhonePa account.