Customers of Punjab National Bank who create a savings account can obtain a free credit card from the bank. PNB Credit Card Block. Customers can pay for purchases with this Credit Card through POS (Point of Sale) terminals and online.
How to Block PNB Credit Card 2024
It is generally safe and secure to make purchases online or in physical stores using one’s credit card; nevertheless, one must exercise caution to ensure that their credit card details are not copied (by skimming) or get into the hands of online fraudsters. Using one’s credit card to purchase online or in real stores is reasonably safe and secure. When a person believes they have misplaced their PNB credit card or discovers that another person has used it illegally, they can have the card blocked.
Blocking of PNB Credit Cards
If a customer of PNB (Punjab National Bank) ever loses his or her card, has it stolen, or believes that money is being pulled out of their account by a fraudster, they should first get their Credit Card frozen? This is because PNB customers are subject to identity theft.
Internet banking, short message service (SMS), or giving a call to the Punjab National Bank customer care section are the three ways a bank client can prevent access to their credit card accounts.
Putting a hold on the card via Internet Banking
- Open a session in your PNB online banking account.
- After clicking on the ‘Value Added Service’ option, pick the ‘ATM/Debit Card Hotlisting’ option from the drop-down menu.
- Select the ‘Account Number’ from the drop-down menu corresponding to your account.
- Once you choose an account and click the ‘Continue’ button, the card that is associated with that account will be presented.
- Choose the number on the card. You can manually enter the card number in the box labeled ‘Card Number’ if the card number does not appear in the box.
- After entering the IBS Transaction Password, click the ‘Submit’ button.
A confirmation message will be displayed immediately following the successful addition of the card to the hotlist.
Putting a hold on the credit card via the mobile application
The following is a list of the procedures that need to be taken to block the card using the app:
- Utilize the provided login credentials to access the PNB One app.
- First, select the Credit Card option from the drop-down menu. Then, select the ‘Hotlist Credit Card’ option from the drop-down menu on the following page.
- From the drop-down list, choose the account number corresponding to the card that must be added to the hotlist.
- When you are finished, proceed by selecting the ‘Continue’ button.
- The card associated with the chosen account will be presented, and you will then be prompted to pick the correct card number.
- First, enter the transaction password and click the ‘Continue’ button.
Remembering that a credit card cannot be removed from a hotlist after being added to such a list is essential.
Putting a hold on the credit card through the Customer Care department
- You may also ban or hotlist your credit card by calling the customer service number for your PNB credit card.
- To prevent further use of the card, contact the bank’s call centre representative at one of the toll-free helpline numbers: 1800 180 2222, 1800 103 2222, or the paid helpline number 0120-2490000. These numbers are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- The aforementioned toll-free numbers are likewise incorporated into the IVRS module’s functionality. You can also SMS 5607040 from your registered cell number with the format “Hot Space Card Number.” For example, “HOT 5545620002358767” would be the format.
Putting a stop to the use of credit cards offline
You may also place a block on your credit card by going to the Punjab National Bank branch that is most convenient for you. You will need to bring the necessary identity documents with you at all times and the information for your credit card. You will receive assistance from a bank professional while having the card disabled.
If you lose or have your credit card stolen, you may put it on a “hotlist” or put a block on it using one of these methods. To protect yourself from any form of fraudulent conduct, you are required to report your missing or stolen credit card.